Congratulations!! Now that you have your braces off you can show the world your new smile! At Global Smiles Orthodontics we promote retention so the teeth do not shift. Here are 7 Steps for taking care of your retainers!
- Wear your retainers all of the time, except when eating or brushing.
- When your retainers are not in your mouth, ALWAYS keep them in your retainer case.
- Do not wrap retainers in a paper towel or napkin; this is the easiest way to lose them.
- Do not place loose retainers in your pocket, this is the easiest way to break them.
- Keep your retainers away from pets, dogs LOVE them.
- Clean your retainers by holding them carefully and brushing with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Do not place retainers in the microwave or in boiling water.
- If you have a bonded retainer, make sure you floss underneath the wire