Keeping your teeth/braces clean does not stop even when you are on vacation. Whether it’s to another state or overseas, here is what you should do and remember to take.
2. Tell your orthodontist of your travel plans so they can make arrangements for your next appointment when you return. Certain procedures like debonding need to be scheduled at shorter intervals.
3. Add the office email and phone number to your contacts, just in case you have an emergency.
4. Take extra wax, in case some pinching/poking occurs.
5. Take a travel kit with a small tube of paste, mouth wash, floss, and a tooth brush case. Remember, airports will not allow large size liquid containers as carry-on items. In the odd chance you get a free meal on a domestic flight, you are prepared to brush:)
7. Take Advil with you in case your teeth start to hurt or bother you!
8. Don’t forget your rubber bands, it’s a long flight and a good time to wear them!
9. Have fun and remember to be at your next appointment when you arrive back home ready to show Dr. Mendieta your pictures:)